Super Mac with Venison Steak

Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm not going to sugar coat this. This mac and cheese recipe isn't going to be good for you. It tastes amazing, with four cheeses, bacon... please excuse my drool. 

And this steak came together by accident. It was venison steaks given to me by my dad and the only marinade recipe I found that I had all the ingredients for. 

INGREDIENTS

Mac N Cheese

5 pound tray of pre-made frozen macaroni and cheese, thawed (I used GFS brand)
1 cup diced bacon
1 12 ounce container of feta crumbles
1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar
1 cup grated parmesen cheese
1 cup chives
1 cup parlsey


1. Thaw the tray of macaroni and cheese over night in the fridge.

2. In a 9x13 baking dish, put all the ingredients and mix well.


3. Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.


INGREDIENTS

Steak Marinade (for two large steaks)

1/2 cup brown mustard
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons diced garlic
salt and pepper


1. Thaw the steaks, if frozen. Put all ingredients in a plastic bag with the steaks and squish around. Marinade for two hours.


2. Take the steaks out of the fridge and let come to room temp.

3. Put on the grill or in a grill pan on medium/high heat.

Now here is where I was pushed out of the kitchen. I'm not allowed to grill because that's a boy's territory lol.

So, if I can assume, grill the steaks a few minutes on each side. Look for dark grill marks and cut the center for doneness. Or use a meat thermometer.



Now, I forgot to take a picture of the macaroni and cheese when it came out of the oven and this is the best pic I have but, it was amazing. I served it for Christmas Eve originally and everyone LOVED it. The cheeses were amazing and the bacon added a nice salty flavor!

And don't get me started on the steaks. First, they were nice and pink (my preference) and the marinade wasn't overpowering but nice and present still.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino