Fresh Mozzarella Tomato and Basil Pasta

Sunday, April 3, 2011




I'm really wishing for warm weather here. Even the nicer days seem to end in rain, cold temps and frosty ground in the morning. So, to get the warm weather mojo going I thought I'm make a fresh summer pasta. 





INGREDIENTS

1 pound pasta
2 cups diced tomato
1 cup fresh mozzarella balls or cubed from a log
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon dried basil (if you have fresh that would be even better!)
Salt and Pepper



1. Mix tomato, mozzarella, oil and basil in a bowl. Toss and put in the fridge.


Doesn't that look good all by itself? I just need some toasted baguette and we've got bruschetta! 


2. Boil water and cook your pasta as directed. Drain and add to the mixture while still hot.

The warm noodles and cold dressing is an awesome combo!


Serve by itself or as a side. I think this is going to be my new go-to pasta salad this summer. So much better for you than pasta and veggies covered in mayo and italian dressing!

And if you have leftovers, just add a little olive oil if it dries out. I even nuked mine just to warm it a little!

YUM! Come on warm weather! I'm ready!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino