Everything Crusted Chicken

Tuesday, November 16, 2010


Well, I got out my Rachel Ray: 365 cookbook again and found a winner winner chicken dinner!

My recipe is a bit different but delicious!

INGREDIENTS:

Vegetable oil for frying
4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
1 1/2 cups italian bread crumbs (you can also use plain)
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
3 Tablespoons onion flakes
3 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 Cup flour
2 Eggs



1. Heat oil to medium high in a skillet.

2. In a wide deep bowl, mix bread crumbs, garlic, poppy seeds, onion flakes and sesame seeds. Set aside.

3. In another bowl put flour and in a third bowl whisk eggs with a splash of water.


4. Dip chicken in the following order: flour, egg, crumbs. Make sure to coat evenly in each bowl. Fry in an inch or so of oil on each side until cooked through.


It literally smelled like an everything bagel in my kitchen! Now, in Rachel Ray's recipe she stuffed the chicken with scallions and cream cheese but I thought it was bad enough to fry it in oil so I skipped it  and had a scoop of mac and cheese instead!

So easy and delicious. Not sure what else to use the sesame seeds or poppy seed for but at least I know I'll be making this chicken again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino