I love looking through other food blogs and found Lovin' From the Oven , a new fav!! Scrolling through I found her Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies and had to make them... what was even more awesome than the cookie was that my BF wanted to make them too! So I let him! With some supervision of course!!
1 Stick softened butter
6 Tablespoons sugar
6 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 Cup flour
1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Cup chocolate chips
12 Crushed up Oreos (we used Double Stuf)
Crush Oreos with whatever method you choose. BF chose to "punch them into submission".
1. Cream together butter and sugars. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add in egg and vanilla until combined.
3. Add in dry ingredients until well combined.
4. Slowly fold in the chocolate chips and Oreo pieces.5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until you start to see a golden brown color on the edges.
These were really good and a recipe I plan to keep. They are very chocolately and because we had double stuf Oreos it had a sweet cream taste to the cookie too!
EDIT: So while I was posting this, my BF took unsupervised control of the kitchen!! He didn't lose a finger either! He was so proud of this dish he wanted it blogged too!
Whole wheat pasta
2 Organic Chicken Tomato Basil sausages
1/2 pound whole wheat pasta
Varying amounts (he doesn't measure!) of:
diced red, yellow and orange peppers
halved grape tomatos
And "some pinches" of parsley, basil and chopped garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a sauce pan, heat water and boil pasta until almost done
2. Saute sliced sausage with a few tablespoons of olive oil until cooked
3. Add diced veggies and seasoning
4. Add in the pasta. Toss and serve!!
Yum!! So proud of my lil chef!