Homemade Crab cakes... for the first time

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Now I am a huge fan of crab cakes. I've had them from several restaurants and bought them frozen from the store before. I had some canned crab left over from a delish Crab Spinach and Swiss Quiche and figured... why not? Are they the best I've ever had... not quite but I'll definitely use this base recipe again... So here goes!

INGREDIENTS

10 oz crab meat (cause that's what I had on hand)
2 oz cream cheese (if you like a firmer crab cake cut this down)
1 egg
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup italian bread crumbs

1: First, mix crab, cream cheese, egg, parm, salt and pepper in a bowl.

2: Shape into patties (I used the palm of my hand as a guide)

3: Coat patties in the bread crumbs and set aside.



4: Using a large frying pan and some oil (I used vegetable oil) fry the patties on a medium heat about 6 min a side or until golden brown.

5: Serve!
Some recommendations to myself for next time... less cream cheese because I would have liked a slightly firmer texture. More Seasoning! While the italian bread crumbs were great, it needed... lemon.... onion.... green peppers... Old Bay Seasoning... If only I had a grocery store in my pantry!!!

Let me know what you add to yours! Or if you like em just the way they are!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino