Apple Cranberry Crisp... with Walnuts!

Thursday, April 15, 2010


Who doesn't love an apple crisp? Over ice cream? Over yogurt? All by itself!?

So I had a few apples left in my fridge that I just couldn't bring myself to eat. So naturally I thought dessert!

Adapted from this recipe. And if you have time... check out Recipe Zaar. Love it.

INGREDIENTS

Filling:
5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar

Topping:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick cold butter cut into cubes
1/2 cup oats
Chopped walnuts (optional)

1: Mix all the filling ingredients and put them in a greased baking dish.


2: Mix the topping ingredients with your hands until crumbly. Really work through the chunks of butter. Cover the apples and cranberries.



3: Bake at 350* for 45 minutes. You'll know when it's done because the house will smell delish and the top will be golden brown!!



Serve however you wish! I had some whipped cream so that's what I used... tomorrow I'm going to put it over some vanilla yogurt for breakfast!! Yum!

Edit: I forgot... I only put walnuts on half the crisp... as you probably already saw. The BF won't eat walnuts so he gets a half and I get a half! Aren't I nice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino