I know I know. It seems like Halloween was forever ago. Especially with retail stores completely skipping Thanksgiving and already decorating for Christmas and "leaking" their holiday super sale items.
But, I had to share this simple treat I made for Halloween. I've seen it all over the foodie blogs and some people are using it as a way to get rid of their left over candy. Either way, it's yummy!
1 1/2 melting chocolate
Any candy or cookies
1. Melt your chocolate either in a double boiler or in a glass bowl in the microwave using 30 second intervals.
2. Just before your chocolate is completely melted, chop up your treats. I used three Oreo cookies, one king size Butterfinger, one king size Reese's, and half of a large bag of fall colored M&M's.
3. Cover a baking pan with foil like in my first pic. Pour in completely melted chocolate and spread over the entire bottom. Immediately sprinkle on your candy.
4. Let cool completely and then break into bite size pieces!
Here is a complete view of the Halloween treat table we had at my mom's! Yes that's my birthday cake in the middle. :) Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!
Chocolate covered peanut butter balls made into spiders and green witch fingers!
And for dinner we made monster face pizza for the kids and...
Scary pizza for the adults!
Too cool right?!
Anywho, save for next year or change to fit your next event. With a cookie cutter you can make any shape cheese cutout and with a change of candy you can make peppermint chocolate bark or call it Thanksgiving bark. It works! The colors fit! Get rid of that Halloween candy!
Who doesn't love candy, chocolate and pizza?!