Blue Cheese Burgers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010



Please pardon my uneven cheese, but these were amazing burgers. Sometimes a burger is just a burger and I was tired of having just burgers so... I had half a tub of blue cheese crumbles left in the fridge along with some onions and mushrooms... oh yes... Delish!

INGREDIENTS (4 burgers... though I halved this since I'm the only one who would eat blue cheese)

1 pound ground beef
1 egg
4 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
Salt and Pepper
4 hamburger buns

1 cup of sliced onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
(use this as a rough guideline... I love mushrooms so I used way more mushrooms than this but I know others love onions so... decide for yourself!)

1. First mix the ground beef and egg well. Separate into four portions then each portion in half (think top and bottom)

2. Mix blue cheese, cream cheese and add in salt and pepper to taste.


3. Flatten into a disk all of the portions of burger. In half of them, spread the cheese mix in the center leaving space all the way around to pinch closed.



4. Place another "disk" on top of the filled patties and pinch the edges closed.

5. Grill! I used a medium heat setting and it took probably 6 minutes or so on each side.

6. While my burgers were on the grill I sauteed up some onions. Just place in a pan with about a tablespoon of butter. Once they start to brown, add in the mushrooms until they all appear browned and the onions are soft.




I obviously love mushrooms more than onion! :)

Put the onion mixture on top of your burger and enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino