Grand Hotel French Toast

Monday, October 11, 2010

When I was young my parents took my brother and I to The Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island every few years or so and one of the best things about the Grand is the food.

Something I remember vividly is the french toast. This is my rendition with... what I had on hand. I'll put some additions and suggestions at the bottom!

Remember the cream cheese frosting from two posts ago? This is a great way to use the rest of it!




INGREDIENTS

3 eggs
a splash of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a few shakes of cinnamon
4 pieces of whole wheat bread
cream cheese frosting
chopped walnuts
pure maple syrup

1. First whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.

2. Heat a skillet to medium high. Dip bread in egg mixture and put in the skillet. Brown on each side.

3. "Fill" the toast with frosting and walnuts. Put the other piece on top and drizzle with syrup!


YES I used a piping bag to fill the french toast! So sue me!


These were delicious but here are some Grand Hotel ideas and changes you can make to jazz them up...

*use cinnamon raison toast
*add dried cranberries to the frosting
*who doesn't love a little powdered sugar?!
*any kind of fruit you just love
*toast the walnuts in a pan with some cinnamon

Oh the list could go on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino