Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

Monday, December 13, 2010

I know I know. I haven't been a very good blogger lately. Going at least a week between blogs, it's sad and I'm sorry. I have things to post, but, here is my excuse: Holidays means longer days at work and December means long days, at least six days a week at work.  Looking forward to January like you wouldn't believe. Anywho, onto the good news, I got a slow cooker!!!

If you live in Michigan right now, I know you would definitely appreciate something warm for dinner! It's hard to believe we have this much snow already! 


 This soup is awesome and just a tad bit different than normal chicken noodle soup but oh so good!



INGREDIENTS

2 large cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 whole diced onion
4 stalks celery, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
4 cans or 56 ounces chicken broth
2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 teaspoons or more of parsley
Salt and pepper
Egg noodles

1. The day before bake your chicken in the oven or use left over chicken from a roasted chicken, grilled legs, whatever. Shred and put in the crock pot.


2. Add in the veggies and spices. I added chopped garlic on a whim. Didn't measure though sorry!


3. Add in broth and canned condensed soup. Stir until combined. 

4. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8. 

Before you serve, boil up some egg noodles if you wish. 




It smelled so good!


Spoon soup over noodles and you have a big warm bowl of comfort!! It wasn't as creamy as I thought it would be but I liked the smooth texture to it and the mushroom soup added some awesome flavor!



Oh and just an FYI, this filled my 4 quart slow cooker and lasted about four days. It was a bit much for two people but I had little problem taking it to work since the men I work with insist on keeping the office freezing!

Also, this recipe was modified from Sandra Lee's Fast Fix Family Favorites recipe book. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino