Peppermint Bark on Christmas Eve

Friday, December 24, 2010

I really wanted to make this last year and never got around to it. I made the Halloween Bark a few months ago and couldn't get this off my mind. I love peppermint and I love chocolate so every year I buy a huge bag of those peppermint bark squares. It's gone already and I need my fix!

INGREDIENTS

Milk Chocolate
White Vanilla Chocolate
Peppermint Extract
Crush Candy Cane
*I did not measure the chocolate because it was bought by the ten pound bag but, if I had to estimate I used about a pound and a half of each. I spread the circles on the sheet pan and estimated how much I needed to melt for a good layer. :)


1. In a microwave safe bowl, heat and melt the milk chocolate. One minute, stir, 30 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth.

2. Spread the milk chocolate over a foil covered sheet pan.

3. Melt the vanilla white chocolate using the same method as step 1. I say vanilla white chocolate because it tastes better than regular white chocolate. Less waxy. Once melted add 2-3 drops of peppermint extract and mix.




4. Spread the vanilla white chocolate over the layer of milk chocolate.

5. Sprinkle over the crushed candy cane. Let cool on the counter for an hour or so or put in the fridge.



6. Break!



I'm giving this as a gift this year too. I'm making goody baskets and boxes and this is an awesome Christmasy addition!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino