5 Ingredient Brown Butter Banana Bread

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yes, I'm using my 5 Ingredient Fix cookbook again. I had no choice! I had bananas going bad!!!!


INGREDIENTS

1 stick butter
4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup honey
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups self rising flour*

* I don't have self rising flour and you may not either but you can make it! For this recipe, mix 3 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt to 2 cups all purpose flour and use only 1 3/4 cups of it. Easy!



1. Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the it turns a golden brown and smells nutty. Remove from heat and let cool.


2. In a bowl, mash the bananas well. Stir in the honey and egg. Slowly whisk in the butter then fold in the flour. 


3. Pour into your muffin pan, mini loaf pan or bread pan (pre-greased of course).


4. Bake for 15-18 minutes.* I baked according to direction which was 25 min and they were way too dark and crispy on the edges for me.


I love that these aren't too sweet. In the morning I don't want a piece of cake so these are great. A little butter or peanut butter and I'm in love. Definitely keeping this recipe!

Next time, I might add mini chocolate chips or chopped walnuts... the possibilities are endlessly yummy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino