Another 5 Ingredient Fix meal. This sounded so yummy. My BF's fav, bacon, with my fav, spinach. There was no way we'd not love this!!
1/2 pound of slab bacon
1 Pound pasta of your choice
1 Egg plus 2 egg yolks
1 Cup parmesan cheese
2 Teaspoons black pepper
1 cup frozen spinach
1. Salt a pot of water and boil your noodles until done. Save one cup of the pasta water.
2. While that is happening, dice your slab bacon into 1/2 inch chunks. I found this at my meat counter but they had prepackaged too. Saute in a high sided skillet over medium high heat until crisp on the edges.
3. Meanwhile, microwave your frozen spinach until thawed, squeeze the liquid out and set aside.
4. In a small bowl whisk together whole egg and egg yolks with pepper. Whisk in the parmesan cheese. Mine was thick but in the recipe she says it should be pourable. Maybe less cheese? I used my thicker mix and it was fine.
5. (Back to the bacon, which is now crispy on the edges) In the bacon skillet, over medium heat, add 1/2 a cup of the pasta water and noodles and toss. Once tossed, drizzle or slowly add the cheese egg mixture stirring constantly. If the sauce is still thick, mine was, add in the rest of the pasta water. Toss in the spinach and let the dish heat through.
Doesn't that look good? It smells good!
I sprinkled some more parmesan cheese on top and this was an amazing dish. The sauce was creamy and cheesy and had the salty bacon mixed in with the soft spinach... I'm making this again. Soon!