So I got this recipe book for Christmas and have been waiting to make this soup. Who doesn't love to cook with just five ingredients. So easy!
4 Strips of bacon
One large leek
1 1/2 pounds gold potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
6 cups chicken stock
Grated cheese for serving
1. First, peel and dice the potatoes. Set aside.
2. In a large stock pot, cook your bacon then set aside. Dice when cool.
3. Clean and dice your leek. I didn't know how so I watched this video. In the same pot, using the drippings if you wish, saute the leek. I threw in some diced white onion too. Just because I had some on hand.
4. Scoop out leeks and set aside.
5. In the pot, add the broth and potatoes. Simmer then cover and cook until the potatoes are fork tender. About 15 minutes.
6. Remove 2 cups of the potatoes and 1 cup of broth. Put in a blender or food processor and puree just until broken down. Add back to the soup. Also add the leeks and diced cooked bacon. Heat through.
While this is all going on, I made some biscuits too.
8 or so green onions
2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
1/4 cup grated white cheddar
1. First clean and chop the green onions. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Mix the Bisquick, cheese and onions in a bowl. Add just enough water to make it a sticky dough.
3. Scoop out onto a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom and tips.
Serve together or separate. I topped the soup with some shredded colby jack cheese. I was creamy but not heavy. The biscuits were to die for and were great for mopping up the last of the broth.
This didn't last long!