Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I've been snacking on these all week. They're so good and not too sweet. I feel like they are a good hearty breakfast cookie.

I found the recipe at Eat Better America which is a great place to find easy, healthy recipes with calorie counts and everything.


INGREDIENTS

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup organic vanilla yogurt
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2/3 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups organic quick oats
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

(You don't have to use organic and you can follow the original recipe but this one above is exactly what I used... and loved!)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a mixer, cream sugar, butter, yogurt egg and vanilla until well combined.

2. Add in cocoa, both flours, baking soda and salt. Mix.


3. Using a spatula to hand mix, stir in the oats and chocolate chips until well combined.


4. Drop onto a cookie sheet and bake for 14 minutes. I used an ice cream scooper and pressed the tops flat.



Look at that? Chocolate dough, oats, chocolate chips! Oh my!


I really think these came out great. My bf was a little weirded out that they weren't super sweet and gooey like a chocolate chip cookie but he came back for more. These were great at work as a sweet snack and are awesome if you're a milk dunker!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino