Mediterranean Chicken and Pasta

Friday, January 21, 2011


I found this recipe in another old Kraft Food and Family magazine (I've been cleaning lol) and really wanted to try this recipe. I love black olives and when I looked up Mediterranean cooking they seemed to use a lot of artichoke hearts, which I always have, so it was a no brainer.  

INGREDIENTS

2 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
1 can diced tomatoes or (if you accidentally buy mexican style diced tomatoes!! Oops!) 4 large roma tomatoes diced
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup shredded mozzarella or italian blend cheeses
1/2 can artichoke hearts, quartered
1/2 pound cooked pasta


I sliced my own olives... so I could put them on my fingers like I was five lol!!!


1. In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken on medium high heat. Remove from pan when cooked.

2. Add tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, and artichokes and let cook down.

3. Add chicken back to the pan, I added some oregano and lemon pepper to the chicken.


4. Heat the chicken through. Put over the cooked pasta. Sprinkle on some cheese and serve!


The pasta and "sauce" was amazing! I didn't even need the chicken but it definitely made it a dinner dish rather than a pasta side. I think the pasta would even be good cold. Yum.

Next time I'm going to dice up the chicken. I think it just makes it easier to eat rather than cutting it on top of the pasta and I am going to try this as a cold salad without the chicken too.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino