Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff

Saturday, January 15, 2011



I was craving something warm, filling and easy. I found this recipe on Food.com and worked with what I had. If you've never visited that site you should. My favorite feature is the ability to search recipes by ingredient. Have a can of condensed sweetened milk you don't know what to do with? Search it. It's awesome. 

Anyway, onto the recipe... 



INGREDIENTS

1/3 cup softened cream cheese
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
10 ounces beef broth
30 frozen 1/2 ounce meatballs
8 ounces sliced mushrooms (I used a combo of shitake, oyster and mini bella mushrooms)
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup sour cream

Egg noodles

1. Put everything above, except the egg noodles, into the slow cooker. Set to high. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and combined through.


2. Cook on high for 5 hours.

3. Boil your egg noodles and spoon the sauce and meatballs over the noodles.



Simple and so good. I loved the mix of mushrooms I chose and the sauce was super tasty. Also, I'm not a meatball fan so my bowl was just sauce and noodles. I will definitely be making this again. Maybe with chicken stock and diced chicken next time. Yum. 

Stay warm!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino