Spinach Artichoke Pizza

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Looking deep, and I mean DEEP, into my pantry I found a pizza crust packet that I'm not too sure I remember buying but it got me thinking. I'm not a fan of pizza. Ever. I know it's a party staple and I eat it when fed it but I don't order it for myself and I only eat a slice or two. 

Well, I'm actually referring to the typical red sauce, cheese and meat type of pizza. However, when you put a "gourmet" pizza in front of me, maybe something from California Pizza Kitchen, now that I might like. So I figured I'd make my own kind of pizza. One that I would like. 

INGREDIENTS

1 pizza crust (frozen ball, premade, mix, whatever)
1 cup alfredo sauce
1/2 can artichoke hearts, quartered
1 cooked and sliced chicken breast
1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
1/2 - 1 cup mozzarella cheese (depending on how cheesy you like it)



1. Make or thaw your dough and stretch over a pizza stone or pan. Preheat the oven to 350F.


2. Spread alfredo sauce over the crust almost to the edge. Sprinkle the spinach, artichoke hearts, and chicken over the pizza. Cover with cheese.


3. Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to bubble and brown. 


EAT! It was so good! We ate the whole thing in one sitting. Now this is pizza I can eat!


Oh yes... that was just my first plate!


Next time I want to try one of those whole wheat pre-made crusts and maybe do a pesto, tomato and fresh mozzarella pizza. YUM.

My work also started selling Naan bread which I have heard makes a great grilled pizza. Hmm...

What's your favorite pizza???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino