I made fudge for the last time last year and it was goooooood! Next year I want to make them inside cookie cutters. Have you seen those? Too cute!
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1. Heat the milk butter sugar and salt over medium high heat on the stove. Heat until boiling. Stir the entire time. A few minutes.
2. Take the pot off the heat and stir in the marshmallows and chocolate chips until combined. The mix becomes really thick as it cools so work quickly.
3. Spread the mix in a 9x9 pan lined with foil. Sprinkle with cookies, sprinkles or nothing at all.
4. Cool over night. I put mine in the fridge. Cut when cooled completely.
I packaged some in bags for the goody gift baskets and, of course, kept some for myself. You can freeze it too. Wrap tightly in film wrap and thaw before eating.
Peanut Butter Balls are so easy...
Smooth peanut butter
1. I don't measure this. I go by touch. Scoop about a cup of peanut butter into a mixing bowl. Turn on to medium speed and slowly add the powdered sugar. I let it get a thick, sticky consistency.
2. Put in the fridge overnight.
3. Roll into bite sized balls and put on a sheet pan. Refrigerate until firm.
4. Melt chocolate (double boiler, microwave, etc.) dip in the chocolate and put back in the fridge to harden.
See, simple. Sometimes I dip the bottoms again when the chocolate is too thin and the peanut butter shows through.
The softer the dough, the creamier the treat too. It's hard to work with and you really have to keep the dough cold but it's worth it!