Found this recipe in an old Kraft Food's Food and Family magazine. I changed it a little to use fresher ingredients but it's pretty close.
This made two servings plus a little extra potato mixture which was great stirred into some scrambled eggs the next day. Enjoy!
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion (I used a red onion because that's what I had)
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
4 slices bacon (I used low sodium)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 cups frozen diced potatoes
2 chicken breasts
1. Chop your veggies and shred your cheese.
2. Heat a skilled to medium high and fry your bacon. Chop and set aside when done.
4. Remove chicken and set aside on a covered plate to keep warm.
5. Saute the veggies in the skillet until the veggies start to get tender.
6. Add in potatoes and cover. Stir until potatoes are hot and starting to brown on the edges.
7. Stir in the bacon. Put the chicken in the pan and sprinkle with cheese. Put the lid on and let heat until the cheese is melted.
This was really good. A nice warm potato and chicken dish on a cold night. I loved that the left over potato mixture was great for an omelet the next day! Bonus!
The only criticism I had was the chicken, on it's own, was bland. Next time I'm thinking some garlic and onion powder or... something. I'll work on it!