Southwestern Chipotle Pasta

Monday, August 8, 2011

Long time no blog!! Just got back from vacation and I think I need another few days off!!


We sat by the camp fire...


Ate a few too many s'mores...


Grilled up some awesome kabobs...


Ate too much... 


 We stayed in a really cute cottage my mom rented... the pantry was the cutest thing ever...


We even brought the dogs!

Now onto the food...

We stopped in at a shop called Nobel which had some great flavored pastas, nuts and sauces. My kind of place. I took my BF back and we picked out some pasta to take home and try since he is the self proclaimed pasta master. :)


This was the haul of veggies I came back to when we stopped at my mom's to drop off some of the vaca supplies...

So we decided to make the pasta we had bought!

INGREDIENTS

2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 can black beans
1 diced jalapeño, seeds removed
diced red onions
1 cup frozen corn
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
Pasta
Olive Oil
Taco seasoning


1. In a skillet, sauté the chicken and olive oil.

2. Once the chicken starts to brown, put on a pot of water and cook your pasta.

3. Add all your veggies to your chicken and finish cooking the chicken through. Add in a sprinkle of taco seasoning if desired.


4. Top your drained pasta with the chicken mix and yummy!


The pasta itself was spicy and the topping went with it wonderfully. Sort of. My BF thinks the tomatoes didn't fit but I loved them because they are a hint of sweet plus, the juices really make the sauce. We agreed to disagree and finished it all. :)


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino