One of my favorite things with pasta is shrimp. Actually I just love shrimp with anything. Rice, pasta, on a skewer, wrapped up in bacon or dough, in soup... you get the idea.
So, again, flipping through Rachel Ray: 365 I found another recipe I had to try. Here is my version:
1 Pound whole grain penne
6 TBSP chopped garlic
Pepper and salt
1/2 Cup parsley
1/4 Cup olive oil
24 Medium shrimp, cooked, peeled deveined and tails removed
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup chicken stock
5 TBSP butter
1. First, cook the pasta in boiling water.
2. While that's doing its thing, heat a skilled to medium high heat and add the garlic, pepper and salt (a few grinds of each), olive oil and parsley. Cook until the garlic is a golden brown. Just a few minutes.
3. Add the shrimp and butter and saute another 4-5 minutes until the shrimp is heated through
4. Next, add the chicken stock and a small ladle of the pasta water. Continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes.
5. Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Toss to coat the noodles.
It was soooo good and NOT dripping in greasy butter. The sauce was garlicy and the red pepper was my favorite part. I think I might add even more next time.
I practically inhaled that bowl, and then another!