Bacon Wrapped BBQ Scallops

Sunday, March 27, 2011




I love scallops. Every time I go to a restaurant that has them I usually end up ordering them. They're just so soft, melt in your mouth delicious I can't resist. So, when a bag broke open at work and the large sea scallops were suddenly half off, I claimed the bag like it was my life! 

INGREDEINTS (serves 2)

8 large thawed sea scallops
4 pieces bacon
BBQ sauce
2 large potatoes (if you wish)


1. First, in a grill pan, cook your bacon on both sides until cooked through but not at all crispy. Remove from pan and let cool. 



2. Once cool, cut each bacon piece in half and wrap around a scallop. Secure with a toothpick.



3. In the same grill pan, on a medium high heat, grill the scallops on both sides until there are light brown grill marks. Maybe 4 minutes per side. Brush with a bit of BBQ sauce if you wish.


YUM!

You're done! It's really that easy! And may I say delicious! I made a baked potato in the oven as a side and had some BBQ sauce on the side for dipping. Four was hardly enough of the scallops though. My BF is lucky I like him because I really wanted to eat his four before he came home!!! 

Another great idea for this is to skewer them and put them on the grill, maybe even with some green peppers between them. Oh yea, I'm ready for summer!! Add in a small steak and you have surf n turf!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino