Black Bean Soup

Sunday, March 13, 2011

One of my favorite soups is a good black bean soup. I order it all the time at Panera and I've bought them from the canned soup section but none were ever... right. Well, I found one! 


INGREDIENTS

3 cans undrained black beans
14 ounces chicken broth
1 onion, diced
3 tablespoons diced garlic
Oil
8 ounces chunky salsa
Sour cream and cheese for topping

1. In a saute pan, brown the onions and garlic in the oil. I love the smell of sauteed onions!


2. Meanwhile, in a blender, puree two cans of black beans and all the broth. I'm sure a food processor would work too.


3. Once the onions are browned and the beans are blended, add both to a large pot. Then add the last can of black beans and salsa. Heat to a boil then simmer for about 15 minutes. Sooo easy. 


I used some sour cream and cheddar cheese as a topping. Some sliced jalapeno would be great too! Or crushed tortilla chips... Or more salsa... think nacho toppings!


This is a nice thick soup with just enough beans, onion and salsa bits. The salsa adds a nice bite to the soup so it's not just pureed black beans. 

Enjoy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino