Both of these recipes have been sitting on my desk for a while. Well, the ranch potatoes was a commercial I saw and wrote down a reminder to make but you get the idea.
The chicken is an adaptation to a pan sauce chicken with tomatoes I found in an old Kraft magazine. I think mine is awesome!
4 potatoes, sliced
1 Tablespoon ranch dressing mix
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Slice the potatoes and put in a plastic bag.
2. Add in the dry mix and drizzle with enough olive oil to coat the potatoes. Close the bag and shake!
3. Bake on a pan in a single layer. 10 minutes on one side, flip, then 10 minutes on the other.
I have to admit, the awesome smell of these made me nibble on them a little bit while I was finishing up the chicken!
2 - 4 Chicken breasts
3/4 cup chicken broth
4 ounces cream cheese
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
salt and pepper
1. In a plastic bag, dredge thawed chicken breasts in enough flour to just coat them.
2. Fry the chicken in a pan with the oil. Cook about 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
3. While that's going on, prepare the tomatoes and spinach.
5. Whisk in the cream cheese. Let cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
6. Toss in spinach and warm through.
7. Plate the chicken and cover with the sauce. Top with fresh diced tomatoes and serve.
The pan sauce was creamy and light. I love to add spinach to anything I can and the cool bite of tomato was my favorite part. The chicken has a light crisp to it... yum!