Chocolate Covered Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Thursday, April 14, 2011




That's a mouth full isn't it? Well, it's a mouth full of yummy actually! So, browsing my usual foodie sights I found a recipe at Willow Bird Baking, which is a great site to follow by the way, and had to try this recipe. 

Growing up I was always allowed to eat the dough. Bread dough, cookie dough, pie crust dough... I love dough... batter... raw baked goods! This may be gross to some (my BF) but even he loved these! And did I mention it's safe to eat?! No egg!! 


INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
4-6 tablespoons water (I used just 4 tablespoons)

Melting chocolate


1. Cream the butter and sugar.

2. Add in the salt, vanilla and flour.

3. Mix in the chips by hand so they don't break up in your mixer.


4. Refrigerate over night. ( I always add this step when I'm covering something in melted chocolate. It helps the "ball" being coated keep its shape and not get stuck to my spoon when I dip it in the chocolate)


5. Roll into small balls. Keep cool in the fridge when working with multiple trays.



 6. Dip in melted chocolate of your choice. I used dark melting chocolate and sprinkled some fun multi colored sprinkles on top!


Theses were so cute that half the batch went in a large mason jar for my mom for her birthday! What an easy and super cute treat to add to a birthday gift!



The other half went on my cake stand with all the other chocolate dipped goodies I made that day!


The best part of this treat was how similar it tasted to an actual cookie dough and how "cookie doughy" it stayed on the inside of its chocolate shell! So creamy!

I've definitely got to try the safe to eat sugar cookie dough on that site now too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino