Peeps!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I LOVE peeps! I love all the different peeps for all the different holidays... I love them soft or stale, in a s'more or in my hot cocoa. What I didn't know, is that I could also love peeps covered in chocolate! WHAT?! Chocolate covered peeps?! I think I might faint.

So, looking for cute and easy Easter dessert ideas I happened to google search "peeps" in images and came across chocolate covered peeps! Well of course I'm trying it. Period. I went to the store and bought some bunny peeps. Oh, it's on.


INGREDIENTS (simple)

Peeps
Melting chocolate
Sucker sticks

1. First I shoved a stick up the peep. Rude I know, but necessary.

2. Lay them out on a tray and freeze them so coating them in chocolate isn't too difficult. It keeps the peep stiff and not floppy. Trust me. My first peep was a bit floppy.


3. Take a few peeps on a stick out at a time and coat in chocolate.


-Oh no! I'm being devoured by rich dark chocolate!- 


 4. Let set on a tray with parchment paper or put in the fridge to harden the chocolate quickly.


So, I'm not sure if I'm done with these. I saw some with cute little faces but I really like them this simple. I'll think about it.

As for the rest of my night, I will be baking some very special cookies!

More to come later! It's been a busy last two weeks for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino