Grilled Shrimp and Scallops

Wednesday, June 15, 2011




I love my grill. Everything just tastes better grilled. Especially seafood! 

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 large sea scallops (fresh or thawed) I only had six to work with but there is enough marinade for 8
8 large raw shrimp (fresh or thawed)
1 large yellow pepper cut into squares or strips


1. Mix juice, oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour into a bag with the scallops and shrimp. Seal and set in the fridge for 2-4 hours to marinade.



2. Skewer your scallops, shrimp and peppers on metal skewers or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water. Two scallops and two shrimp seemed enough on each skewer since they were such large pieces. This should make four skewers. 


 3. Grill the skewers until the shrimp turns pink and the scallops are white with grill marks.


4. While this is happening I cooked up a box of Far East rice pilaf and added a little lemon juice to the mix.


This was delicious. I love seafood and I love lemon. The best part was lemon pepper tang everything had. And the rice was the perfect compliment.

Something as easy as this can be made a million different ways. Next time I'm thinking grape tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini with my shrimp and scallops.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino