Avocado Pesto Pasta

Saturday, July 9, 2011




I love pasta. I love pesto. I LOVE fresh avocado. Obviously this recipe was a no brainer. I had to try it. I have it printed out in my stash of "must try" recipes but there is no indication of where I got it from. But just for reference, this is not my original recipe. 

INGREDIENTS

1 pound pasta
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 ripe avocados peeled and pitted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh tomatoes to top the dish with


1. Boil your pasta as directed.

2. Meanwhile, blend the basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic and oil in either a blender or food processor.


3. Season with a little salt and pepper. 

4. Drain the pasta when it is done cooking and mix in the dressing. Top with the tomatoes and enjoy! 


This is another pasta dish with warm noodles and a cool sauce. The avocado is so creamy and delicious with the basil. I bet I could add a little grilled chicken and have a dinner right there. Mmmm... :) So easy and so tasty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino