Chocolate Roll Out Cookie Dough

Monday, July 11, 2011



Now, a good homemade sugar cookie is a classic. But sometimes we want a little something... more. So here is a great chocolate "sugar" cookie roll out dough. You can roll it out, cut it and frost them if you want! I think I might do these at Christmas instead of my usual sugar cookie! This recipe I use is from the Martha Stewart Magazine (yes I'm the girl who tears pages out of magazines whether they are mine or not, keeps them until she forgets then finds them and is giddy like a kid on Christmas!)

INGREDIENTS

2 2/3 Cups flour
1/3 Cup cocoa powder
3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt
2 Sticks unsalted butter
1 Cup sugar
1 Egg
2 Teaspoons vanilla extract

1. Beat butter and sugar in a mixer until fluffy. Add in the vanilla and egg. 

2. Add all the dry ingredients slowly until it forms a dough ball. 

3. Chill for a few hours, I did it over night. 

4. Preheat oven to 350F. 

5. Roll out the dough with a little flour and cut desired shapes.



 6. Put cut shapes on a non stick baking sheet or parchment paper.


7. For the small sized cookies I made, I baked the cookies for 7 minutes. Larger cookies will need a few more minutes. 


I thought the cookie was a little plain as is so I dipped the edge in chocolate gnache. You can buy it already made in a store or make your own. I did option 1. These are soft and have a rich dark chocolate taste to them. I took a few to work each day and my sweet tooth was definitely satisfied!! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino