Peanut Butter Banana Breads

Monday, August 16, 2010



It's kind of funny. I love breakfast. If I don't eat it, I'm cranky, my day is off and I munch on snack foods all day long. My BF, wouldn't eat breakfast if I didn't make him. Now, he does know when he eats breakfast he feels better all day but it's like pulling teeth.

One of my favorite things in the whole world is a good bread with some butter spread on it. I stare at those farmer's market tables with the glazed cranberry bread, pumpkin breads and zucchini loaves. I try not to drool but... sometimes...

At the moment I'm in the mood to cook, bake, freeze and can all my favorite things before the fresh veggies are gone for the season! Since I don't know how to can, yet, I decided to start with some bread to eat for breakfast, take to work and munch on instead of chips.

Enter, Peanut Butter Banana Bread

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 ripe, mashed bananas
2 cups AP flour (I used half AP and half whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda

1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Cream together the butter and sugar.

2. Add in the eggs, peanut butter and bananas. Mix.

3. Gradually add in the flour and baking soda.

4. Pour batter into greased mini loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.



At this point I had made 14 mini loaves... I am only one person. So, I decided to leave out two for myself this week and freeze the rest.

5. Let cool completely.

6. Individually wrap or put in zip top bags and seal. Freeze.


Now you can take out a two pack and have them ready to eat for work or breakfast.

I've tried these with butter and with peanut butter... and I have to say, peanut butter as the spread wins!!! Sooo good!!! And you know what? Even if my BF were to have a breakfast revelation, I'm not sharing!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino