One of my favorite things during the summer is this simple pasta salad. I've been eating it for years and it never gets old.
I stopped by my dad's a few days ago and he gave me these...
Fresh from the garden cucumbers and tomatoes! Yum! Since I live in an apartment I have to pay top dollar at the farmer's market to get anything like this!!
Looking in the fridge tonight I wanted... nothing. But something cold. But nothing in front of me. So... I made this...
Cucumbers (washed, sliced)
Tomatoes (washed, cored and diced)
*Optional: chopped garlic, parmesan cheese
1. Boil the pasta in salted water.
2. Meanwhile, cut/dice the cucumbers and tomatoes.
3. Drain pasta and mix in with the veggies.
4. Here's where it gets tricky... I like more mayo than dressing. You know, creamy. I start with a quick squirt of dressing and a good scoop of mayo and adjust from there. Usually with more mayo! Refrigerate!!!
* If you're in the mood, I like to stir in a small spoonful of chopped garlic (before I chill) and then a sprinkle of parmesan cheese just before I eat.