Simple Garden Pasta Salad

Friday, August 13, 2010


One of my favorite things during the summer is this simple pasta salad. I've been eating it for years and it never gets old.

I stopped by my dad's a few days ago and he gave me these...


Fresh from the garden cucumbers and tomatoes! Yum! Since I live in an apartment I have to pay top dollar at the farmer's market to get anything like this!!

Looking in the fridge tonight I wanted... nothing. But something cold. But nothing in front of me. So... I made this...

INGREDIENTS

Pasta
Cucumbers (washed, sliced)
Tomatoes (washed, cored and diced)
Mayo
Italian dressing
*Optional: chopped garlic, parmesan cheese

1. Boil the pasta in salted water.

2. Meanwhile, cut/dice the cucumbers and tomatoes.


3. Drain pasta and mix in with the veggies.

4. Here's where it gets tricky... I like more mayo than dressing. You know, creamy. I start with a quick squirt of dressing and a good scoop of mayo and adjust from there. Usually with more mayo! Refrigerate!!!

* If you're in the mood, I like to stir in a small spoonful of chopped garlic (before I chill) and then a sprinkle of parmesan cheese just before I eat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino