Homemade Mac N Cheese with Chicken Fingers!

Sunday, May 23, 2010



Who wants a comforting, warm meal? I DO!!!!!

I spent all day baking and cooking and concocting today... more posts to follow but the meal that I must post was the dinner I made. Does anyone else look at the kid's menu sometimes and think how good all that food sounds? Well today all I wanted was something off the kid's menu so... Mac N Cheese and Chicken Fingers it is!!!










Chicken Fingers:

INGREDIENTS

3 Chicken breasts
1 Cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 Cup Parmesen cheese
4 TBSP butter

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


3. Mix parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a bowl.

4. Melt butter in a separate bowl.


5. Dip chicken in butter then in the dry mix. Coat all side and put on a baking sheet with parchment paper.


6. Bake for 30 minutes and serve with a great sauce!!


The best part about this recipe is that it's easy! The second best part is that it was sooo moist even when baked that I couldn't wrap my head around it!

YUM!

Mac N Cheese
INGREDIENTS (for two servings)

1/2 pound of dry pasta
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP flour
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp ground mustard
1 Cup milk
1 Cup shredded cheese (I used a colby jack mix)

1. First, boil pasta, drain and set aside.

2. While boiling the pasta, melt butter on low heat.

3. Add all dry ingredients and whisk until smooth and thick.

4. Turn heat up to medium/lo and whisk in milk. Whisk until thick and creamy.



5. Take off heat, whisk in cheese and pour over noodles.


This was super creamy, had great homemade flavor and I really needed to make twice what I did! Delish!

Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino