Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups with Pesto Crescents

Monday, May 17, 2010


Recently I realized that my pantry, freezer and fridge are PACKED with food. Yet, on many days I look in there and think, "there's nothing in here to eat". lol. So I started planning meals based on what was in my house the day before and really thinking of COOKING dinner. I know, I know, you're thinking "you have a food blog woman!" and I know, but some days I just don't want to cook.

But today was an awesome semi-homemade inspired day... enjoy!




INGREDIENTS

6 lasagna noodles
12 ounces frozen spinach
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
about 2 cups pasta sauce

Crescent roll dough
1/2 cup pre-made pesto

Here are the things I found in my pantry and fridge and decided to make into a great meal!!

Pesto Crescents:

1. Open crescent rolls and preheat oven to the described instructions.

2. Lay out crescents and spread a layer of pesto on each.



3. Roll each and place on a baking sheet. Set aside. (Or bake now for 10-12 minutes depending on instructions and set aside while the rest is cooking)

Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups:

1. Boil a pot of water and cook noodles to al dente. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.

2. Microwave the spinach for about 1 1/2 minutes. Put on a paper towel and drain out all the liquid.

Like so.

3. Mix spinach, room temperature cream cheese, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.


Looks delicious already!


4. Spread the mixture over the length of a lasagna noodle.


5. Pour some of the sauce into a baking dish to just cover the bottom.

6. Roll up noodles with filling and place seam side down in the dish.


7. Cover with the rest of the sauce and add cheese if you desire (who doesn't love more cheese?)


8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. 20 minutes in is when I put the crescents in to cook.


The crescents with pesto smelled soooo good when they came out!!


Serve!

These were awesome! The filling was my favorite part! Very creamy and cheesy and the pesto in the crescents added a nice flavor to a boring old side!! This is what I ate... for my first serving!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino