My Fav Frosting Recipe Ever

Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's been a rough week. I was sick. Then my BF got sick. Then, we had a death in the family. I was asked to make the cake for the funeral luncheon and since he was not very religious and an avid astronomer, I decided to go with a stary night sky theme. With one night to make it, I think it turned out pretty cute. And tasty!


The stars are made of premade fondant. I've always wanted to try to make my own but this was not the time!

And one of my fav tricks for a quick trick to add a little color to cake it the spray food coloring. Perfect for a sky...


I have these in all the colors!


Anyway, my no fail frosting is an easy one! It's non dairy, doesn't get too crusty, is sweet but not too sugary and won't melt in direct sunlight!!!

Try it out and let me know what you think! Add some different flavored extracts and mix it up... I'm thinking of doing blueberry next on some sugar cookies!

Step 1:
INGREDIENTS

1 cup water
1 1/2 cups dry non dairy creamer (like Coffeemate)

The night before, boil the water then add the non dairy creamer. Stir until well dissolved. Put in a container and chill at least 6 hours. I chill overnight.

Step 2:
INGREDIENTS

1 cup of pre-made creamer mixture
1 pound white margarine
2 cups Crisco
1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 pounds powdered sugar

In a mixer, cream together the margarine, crisco and extracts. Once combined, add in the powdered sugar and creamer mixture slowly, alternating between the two.

Mix on a medium speed for about five minutes until light, fluffy and well mixed. Scrape down sides to make sure all powdered sugar gets combined.

This makes enough frosting to cover a half sheet cake, do a top and bottom border and writing. I frost generously.

Also, this can be kept for two weeks in an air tight container on the counter or fridge. It can also be frozen for about six months. Just put in the mixer for a few minutes to liven it up if you choose to do either. I do it regularly so that I always have a lil frosting for cookies, a cupcake or even graham crackers!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino