MY Chicken Salad

Monday, June 21, 2010


I'll be honest, I work at a grocery/restaurant supply store. We have a lot of food there and well, I'm in charge of what gets sampled during the week so naturally I eat a lot of food. I try lots of food and I spruce up a lot of food. One thing I have yet to find, though, is a good chicken salad. That's kind of funny though because we carry four different kinds! They are all really heavy on the mayo, the chicken is shredded in most (ew) and the celery is tiny. It's just not good. That is why I always make my own. It's simple but delicious... and I hope you like it. :)

INGREDIENTS

(serves 2)

1 large thawed boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup mayo (or substitute half mayo and half sour cream. Also delish)
1/4 cup sliced almonds (you can roast them in the oven for a great taste too!)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
Seasonings

1. The first thing I do is cook the chicken breast with lots of seasonings such as an all purpose, Mrs. Dash or just salt and pepper. Once cooked, dice it up and put in a container.



2. Stir in the other ingredients and chill in the fridge. SO EASY! 



The reason I love this salad is because of the sweetly tart cranberries and the crunch from the almonds. It's just different and yummy from what I ate growing up and what I eat at work. 

It's been so hot out that these cold kind of salads are perfect. I found a recipe I might try... it's a lemony chicken salad... if it turns out any good I'll be sure to share!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino