Chips!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010


If there's a bag of chips in front of me... I'll eat them... all. That is why I keep no chips in my house. When I was trying to come up with something to make as a side for my BLTs I thought how nice it would be to have some chips... so I made some!!

Baked Potato Chips

INGREDIENTS:

Washed potatoes
Olive oil
Salt

1. First, slice the potatoes nice and thin. I used this mandolin I have. Super easy. Oh, and preheat the oven to 400 F.


2. Then blanche the slices of potato in a bowl of water for five minutes. 



3. Place the slices on a paper towel to drain. 

4. On a large baking sheet, toss the slices with just enough olive oil to coat and spread out into one layer. Sprinkle with salt. 

5. Bake in the oven at 400 F for 12 minutes, half way through you'll need to flip the chips. (Sorry about that Paul! Hope you enjoy the chips!)

I found that the tray placed on the bottom browned up nicely and the little bit of brown meant the chip was perfect and not soft in the middle. These were crispy and tasty and irresistible and they were all gone quite quickly! I used three potatoes for two people and threw away one tray of too brown chips and there was still enough to share. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Excuse to Eat! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino